Under It All

I’ve had a bit of a lull in my lingerie bra sewing. I sewed a few bras in the past few years and they just didn’t work for a variety of reasons involving fit and size and cheaping out on materials! If the plush-backed elastic or powernet is itchy, I’m not going to wear it. I’ve started just sewing them for others, because they are mostly fun (that underwire channeling gets me almost every time), and can be a combination of so many different patterns and colors.

I went through my images and am kicking myself for not taking images of some of the more beautiful designs I’ve put together. That and I need to work on styling a bit!

I still love the idea of making bras for mastectomy patients and here are few examples here. The heinous colored ones were just for fitting.

I’ve also tried my hand at drafting from scratch and that went okay, considering I only did it once. I think I could improve drastically on it the more I worked at it.

Bra Draft

I also signed up for a lingerie class this fall, hence the dyed silks earlier (here and here), but the class was cancelled. So I’ve been forced to buck it up and go at it again on my own.

I placed an order for some new elastics and bra strap materials. I am planning to re-measure myself using this guide recommended from the subreddit r/ABraThatFits. That link has much more information about buying RTW bras than making them, but there is some discussion on making them. And use a pattern I have with alterations recommended by Orange Lingerie from her book here.

I’ll keep you posted on the progress.

In other news, this article was shared by Fashion Incubator and it definitely gives some food for thought. Though, I see one they didn’t discuss that I’m pretty surprised about.