Truths I’ve learned almost two and a half years in.
- The people that told me the days were long, but the years were short, were not actually full of it.
- For me, there is a sense of peace in solidarity. Just about everything my kiddo has done good or bad has been done before and people survived.
- I will in fact get sleep, at some point.
- The amount of help I get from my community is astounding and totally appreciated.
- If I get comfortable, things are sure to change. Embrace the change, that’s where I’ve seen my strengths pop out and I’ve learned the most from my kiddo.
- Be funny. It is so much more enjoyable than being stressed.
- Seasons come and go. Appreciate the one you are in because you will have much different experiences in the next one.
- Kiddo puke is gross. Milk puke is the worst. It still is funny, but probably only after the fact.
- Trust your mama gut. Even if you take your kid to the doctor to be told he has a cold. For him, it may be the worst/longest/most pathetic illness ever. Full of coughing until milk puke multiple times a day. Which is funny, but only after the fact.
- Don’t be proud, accept help.
What about you, what new truths have you learned lately?